Thursday 28 May 2009

Being alone and being lonely

I love being alone with peace and quiet, even if I have nothing to do, but I do not like being lonely. For instance, I prefer travelling in my car alone for long times and distances. Being alone can have advantages. When a person spends some time alone, he returns refreshed mentally and spiritually. Moreover, a creative person needs being alone sometimes (of course I am not a creative person). On the other hand, to be lonely can have a lot of disadvantages. Lonely people stay isolated for a long time; therefore, they blame themselves and resort to activities that exclude social contact or productivity, such as, watching too much television. In short, it may sometimes be good to be alone; however, it is rarely good to be lonely.

No comments: